Carolin Völker started working within the research unit Water Infrastructure and Risk Analyses at ISOE in 2014. Since April 2016 she has been leading the SÖF junior research group PlastX together with Johanna Kramm. She studied biology at Frankfurt University and received a diploma in ecotoxicology in 2009. In her doctoral thesis she dealt with “Ecotoxicological Characterisation of Silver Nanoparticles – A Contribution to the Risk Assessment of Nanomaterials”.
Focus of research
- Risk assessment of anthropogenic trace elements/micro pollutants in the water cycle
- Climate induced changes of biodiversity
- Conflicts of objectives between the application of medications and environmental protection
- NiddaMan – Sustainable Water Resources Management in the Nidda Catchment Area
- PLASTRAT – Reduction of plastic discharges in lakes and running waters
- SAUBER+ Innovative concepts for wastewater from public health sector facilities