Approaches to long-term effective power saving advice
In the project “Power efficiency classes for households”, instruments and advisory services that support private households in saving electricity were developed and successfully tested. In the successor project “Power saving advice”, these instruments are to be further disseminated and linked with the consulting services of municipalities and consumer organizations.
Power efficiency classes: distribution and networking
In the project “Power saving advice”, the researchers are taking up a successful tool from the project “Power efficiency classes for households”. In order to enable private households to assess, and reduce their overall power consumption, a comparison table with seven consumption classes for different household types was developed in the previous project. This division into power efficiency classes was adopted in 2016 in the “Stromspiegel” for Germany, which uses comparative values to classify electricity consumption and determine potential savings. The Stromspiegel is part of the energy-saving initiative of the Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Building and Nuclear Safety. It is backed by a broad alliance of actors including energy suppliers, climate agencies, consumer organizations and other multipliers in the field of energy saving and climate protection. Together with these actors, the project team will now try to open up new fields of application for the use of power efficiency classes.
Applicable tools for practical use
Several products are planned for practical application. These include a modular toolbox for energy supply companies helping their customers to reduce their power consumption, an appropriate tool for energy consultants, and a networking tool which is intended to help local authorities, municipal utilities, energy supply companies and other multipliers to communicate their advisory services to consumers.
The federal government wants to reduce electricity consumption by 25 percent by 2050. Private households are also in demand: they are responsible for a quarter of total electricity consumption. At the same time, they can save more than 50% of their power consumption simply by using particularly efficient household appliances. In the project “Power efficiency classes for households”, instruments and advisory services that support private households in saving electricity were developed and successfully tested. With the help of the successor project “Power saving advice”, this instrument is to be further disseminated and linked with innovative consulting services for municipalities and consumer organizations.
- Öko-Institut e.V.
The Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) is funding the project “Approaches for an long-term effective power saving advice” in the funding priority “Social-ecological Research (SÖF)”.
- Actor survey on the regional energy concept FrankfurtRhineMain
- Analysis of Job Prospects in Energy Saving Advice
- Analysis of the Program "Bremer modernisieren"
- BioKompass – Communication and participation for the societal transformation towards bioeconomy
- CapTain Rain – Capture and retain heavy rainfalls in Jordan
- Climate CO2NTEST – Acceptance and impact of the competition in the Hanover region
- Conflicts over the forest of the future
- Dezent Zivil – New forms of civic involvement when building decentralised energy plants
- ecobiente - Designing Sustainable Goods more Succesfully
- EcoLux – Sustainable Building and Housing in Luxemburg
- Efficient Advice on Electricity Consumption in Private Households
- EiMap – Communication strategy promoting energy-efficient refurbishment during the home purchasing process
- Electromobility for the Darmstadt-Rhine-Main-Neckar Region
- ENEF-Haus – Motivating and Enabling Private Home Owners for Energy Efficient Refurbishment
- Environmental awareness in Germany 2020
- EUPOPP - Political Strategies and Tools to Promote Sustainable Consumption
- Evaluation of the "Brennpunkt Heizung" (Focus Heating) Campaign
- Evaluation of the Campaign "Gut beraten starten"
- Evaluation of the Cariteam Energy Saving Service
- Expert report on the carbon balance of forests
- GeisTreich – Geisenheim Transfer Program for Biodiverse and Multifunctional Viticulture
- Gender Impact Assessment in Radiation Protection and Environment
- Germany under Climate Change
- Homes-uP – Single Family Homes under Pressure?
- Improvement of Marketing Conditions for Green Electricity
- Improving Energy-Efficient Refurbishment of Private Homes
- IndUK – Individual environmental action and climate protection
- Intelliekon – Acceptance of Electricity Consumption Feedback
- JET-SET - Emissions Trading as Social-Ecological Transformation Process
- KlimaAlltag – low carbon lifestyles in the zero emissions city
- KomKlAn – Status and Progress of Municipal Climate Adaptation in Germany
- LivingSpaces – Instruments for a needs-orientated usage of the housing stock in municipalities
- LogMob – Impact assessment of an integrated logistics and mobility concept for the German Protestant Church Congress
- NaHa – Sustainable Practices in the Workplace and in Everyday Life
- Perception and Acceptance of the Ecolabel “Blue Angel”
- Perspectives of citizen participation in the energy transition – Heat consulting
- PlaNE – Planetary Health and Sustainable Nutrition
- Power efficiency classes for households
- PowerFlex – integrating the heating and cooling sector into the electricity market model PowerFlex
- RARE - Corporate Social Responsibility in Europe
- Renovation 60plus – Age-appropriate approach, advice and support for home and apartment renovation
- Rising Energy Costs, Social Consequences and Climate Protection
- Smart Home from a Customer's Perspective
- Social aspects of environmental policy
- SuPraStadt – Quality of life, participation and resource conservation through social diffusion of sufficiency practices in urban neighbourhoods
- Sustainability Audit
- Sustainable Modernisation of Existing Buildings
- Synergies between environmental and social policy
- Transdisciplinarity in climate change adaptation research
- TRI-HP – Trigeneration systems based on multiple renewable sources
- WissTransKlima – Knowledge transfer for better climate adaptation in municipalities